Translink is compiling the latest updates from federal and state governments on the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak for truckers. This page will be updated regularly as new reports or information becomes available. Bookmark or refresh this page for the latest updates. Click on the links below to be taken directly to the official documents.
Dates beside other links indicate the day on which the proclamation or order was issued. If you don’t see a date beside the link, it’s because the page being linked to is being updated regularly. Additional information you’ll find here is related to the mandatory statewide shutdowns, restaurant closures, and of course, parking.
Frequent visitors to this page, we have streamlined all of the information related to states and provinces in one chart so you see all the info in one place quickly. Detailed information follows below the chart, again, listed by state. For a detailed timeline of the COVID-19 outbreak, click here.
- FMCSA Distribution of Protective Masks for Truck Drivers(Updated locations where truckers can get free masks)
- EXTENDED:Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration extends the national emergency declaration for commercial vehicles delivering relief in response to the coronavirus outbreak (April 8, 2020)
- FMCSA Emergency Declaration FAQ – Part 3(April 13, 2020)
- FMCSA waiver for states concerning third-party CDL skills test examiners(April 9, 2020)
- Federal Highway Administration notice of enforcement discretion on operation of commercial food trucks in federally funded interstate highway rest areas(April 3, 2020)
- Guidance on State and Local Shelter in Place and Other Restrictions on Movement Relating to COVID-19, delivering to hot spots(April 1, 2020)
- FMCSA Emergency Declaration FAQ – Part 2(March 25, 2020)
- Notice of enforcement policy regarding expiring driver’s licenses and medical examiner certificates during COVID-19 national emergency(March 24, 2020)
- Waiver for states, CDL holders, CLP holders, and interstate drivers operating commercial motor vehicles(March 24, 2020)
- Federal Highway Administration letter asking states to keep rest areas open for truckers.(March 23, 2020)
- DOT Guidance on Compliance with DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations(March 23, 2020)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration posts FAQ page on the National Emergency Declaration.(March 19, 2020)
- S. Department of Transportation Expands National Emergency Declaration for Commercial Vehicles Delivering Relief in Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak(March 24, 2020)
Centers for Disease Control
Internal Revenue Service
Department of Labor
U.S. Customs & Border Protection
- Travel Alert: The temporary restriction on non-essential travel at US land border ports of entry has been extended an additional 30 days. Essential travel and trade will continue unimpeded. Examples of essential travel here. (April 20, 2020)
U.S. Small Business Administration
Looking for COVID-19 testing?
- Website: https://www.ucaoa.org/Resources/Find-an-Urgent-Care
- Search: ZIP Code and Distance (wider the search, the better)
- Results: Will show in Map and list (use the list, as the map is only going to give you a name and website.)
- In List, click company name. On most, you will get address, hours of service, phone number, and website (if available).
- Check website for general COVID info first. It will usually tell you:
- If they are not testing
- How to schedule an appointment
- Some websites will have:
- Prescreen instructions
- Where to go instead of their facility (assuming they don’t test)
- The site is slow doing the search, but will quickly pull contact and website info, once you’ve made a selection.
Border restrictions won’t hinder commerce, White House says (March 20, 2020)